With many ditching the idea of cards at their baby shower in favor of bringing a book for babies to love, the trend of baby shower books is on the rise. But this often leaves the question of what to write in a baby shower book.
With this in mind, we’ve gathered the ultimate list for inspiration of what to write in your baby book to make it a memorable keepsake which will be cherished for a lifetime.
Turn the page to:
- Famous Quotes
- Book-Related Messages
- Cute Messages
- Religious Messages
- Funny Messages
- Things for Family Members to Write
- Messages to Mom/Parents
- Messages for Twins/Multiples
- Messages for a Baby Girl
- Messages for a Baby Boy
- Messages for Adopted Children
Famous Quotes for Baby Shower Books
If you’re not necessarily the best with words yourself, take inspiration from others who won’t mind if you borrow their words for the perfect message. We also have a list of quotes from the wisdom of Winnie the Pooh, many of which are perfect for the occasion.
- Read me a story, tuck me in tight, say a sweet prayer, and kiss me goodnight. – Jane Dyer
- The journey of a lifetime starts with the turning of a page. – Rachel Anders
- The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go. – Dr. Seuss
- There are perhaps no days of our childhood we lived so fully as those we spent with a favorite book. – Marcel Proust
- Today a reader, tomorrow a leader. – Margaret Fuller
- Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. – Vera Nazarian
- Wishing you many nights of bedtime stories and sweet dreams. – Jane Dyer
- You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book. – Dr. Seuss
- Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. – Elizabeth Stone
- Keep reading. It’s one of the most marvelous adventures that anyone can have. – Lloyd Alexander
- And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it. – Roald Dahl
- Always there has been an adventure just around the corner—and the world is still full of corners. – Roy Chapman Andrews
- If you are going to get anywhere in life you have to read a lot of books. – Roald Dahl
Book-Related Messages for Baby Shower Books
There’s a reason books make perfect gifts, and what better thing to do than to write those reasons as a cute message for a baby shower book? Here are just a few for inspiration of what to write.
- You are a gift to your family and the world, and this book is a gift you can open again and again.
- A lifetime of adventures begins with a story a day.
- The best imaginations come to life in books.
- I hope these simple words will open the world of literature to you.
- I am so excited to share this, my favorite book with you! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did when I was a child.
- I hope this book finds a new home in your heart, just as you found a home in our hearts.
- I hope you enjoy this book before bed, and all the years of adventure ahead.
- May every story you read inspire adventures of your own.
- This book holds a special place in my heart, just like you!
- I wish you a life filled with amazing stories and beautiful memories.
- May your life be full of love, and your shelves filled with books!
- May the time spent with your child and a book last forever.
- Be the hero of your own story.
Cute Things to Write in a Baby Shower Book
Writing from the heart about the arrival of the new little one is a great way to begin. Keeping it simple is often the best way to show how much you care. Feel free to use any of the examples below, or try rewording them to fit your feelings.
- Little booties, baby toys, little smiles, baby joys. I can’t wait to meet you!
- Better get ready to be showered with love and attention!
- A tiny person can take up so much space in our hearts.
- May you always look for secret beauty.
- May you live with strength and courage. With all our love to surround you, you’ll never be alone.
- Of all the precious gifts in life, the best is surely you.
- A child fills a special place in your heart. A place you never knew was empty.
- The littlest feet make the biggest footprints in your heart.
- You’ll never know how much your parents loved you, until you hold your child for the very first time.
- Adventure is about to begin!
- Here’s to new life, new adventures, and many firsts!
- I can’t wait to watch you grow.
- It means so much to be here to welcome a precious new life.
- They say it takes a village to raise a child, and I’m so proud to be a part of your village.
- I’ll always be here for you no matter what!
- Welcoming you to endless love!
- Welcome to the world little one! So excited you’re here.
Religious Messages for Baby Shower Books
For those looking to add a religious message to their book, the below Bible quotes and sentiments are perfect.
- Babies are bits of stardust, blown from the hand of God. ― Barretto
- Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a real blessing. – Psalm 127:3
- May God bless you, precious gift from God.
- Jesus said, Let the children come to me and do not stop them, because the Kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these. – Matthew 19:14
Funny Things to Write in Baby Shower Books
Sometimes going down the humorous route is a little tricky, and often if you’re making a joke it’s best to include something sweet alongside. Below are some examples, but only you can know how well they will be received. If in doubt, err on the side of caution and maybe choose from the cute messages to write in a baby shower book instead.
- Babies are like math: They’re an addition to the family, they subtract your time for sleeping, and they divide your patience in half! Good thing they multiply your ability to love!
- Don’t worry, after the first 18 years it gets easier.
- Little hands, little feet and a lot of trouble!
- Sleep is overrated. Luckily, babies are not!
- So many exciting changes to come…Most will be sweet, but some will require multiple baby wipes and a whole new outfit.
- Some call them little bundles of joy… they’re also little bundles of trouble! Good thing they’re little bundles of love too.
- When you are choosing a name, don’t forget the names of the important people… like me!
Things for Family Members to Write in a Baby Shower Book
If you’re a member of the family welcoming a new child into your brood, including something a little more personal, such as a reference to something you share is often a lovely idea. Those who are lucky enough to be counted as very close friends to the expectant couple can also find inspiration from this list.
- Welcome to the latest addition to the family football team!
- I hope that you get a sense of humor just like your dad’s (and hopefully not his hairline)
- I hope you never forget what your parents teach you. They’re some smart cookies.
- I hope you grow up to be as caring as your mommy and as outgoing as your daddy.
- Your mommy/daddy is not only my sister/brother but also my best friend. That’s how I know I’m going to have an amazing niece/nephew.
Baby Shower Book Messages to Mom/Parents
Though the main idea of a baby shower book is a gift for the child, some choose to honor Mom in their inscriptions. Below are a few ideas for messages to make the new parents smile.
- Congratulations! You are going to make wonderful parents!
- A mom-to-be has wonderful dreams for her child’s future, and love that never ends.
- Babies make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balances smaller, homes happier, and the future worth living for.
- Being a parent is the highest paid job in the world as the payment is pure love.
- Congratulations on adding a new member to the family!
- Enjoy every moment on your journey as parents, because time flies by!
- Motherhood is messy and challenging, but it’s the most beautiful thing in the world!
- No one can totally prepare you for being a mother/father, but you’ll learn everything you need to know at just the right times.
- Get ready to feel a love like you’ve never felt before.
- Your world is about to change…and it’s going to be awesome!
- The sweetest part of your life is about to begin, you’re going to be amazing!
Messages to Write in Baby Shower Books for Twins/Multiples
If you know a soon-to-be mother of multiples, they require a special message indeed. Many of the below can be adapted for triplets, quads, quints..however many!
- A double-dose of baby love! What could be cuter?
- Can’t wait to help with counting all of those fingers and toes.
- Double-cuteness runs in our family!
- They say all good things come in threes!
- Here comes double trouble!
- If there’s anything more special than a new baby, it’s two babies!
- Twins mean double the kisses, double the fun, and double the joy for everyone.
- There are many reasons to smile, you just got two more!
- Some miracles come in pairs.
Messages to Write in Baby Shower Books for a Baby Girl
Gender reveals have become all the rage lately, though there’s been a rising trend in couples leaving the sex of their baby as a surprise. If you happen to know they’re expecting a girl, the below could come in useful when gathering ideas for your baby shower message.
- Never forget Shakespeare’s words ‘Though she be but little, she is fierce!’
- A beautiful little girl to play with and adore, who could ask for anything more!
- A bundle of joy is coming, all wrapped in pink. We can’t wait to meet you!
- Booties, bonnets, ribbons, lace, and little pink toys all over the place.
- One minute you’re dressing her in pink with bows, the next you’re fastening her bridal gown. Enjoy all the little moments – they grow so fast!
- Sugar, spice and all things nice. We can’t wait to see what you grow into!
- We can’t wait to spoil you, little princess.
- We’re tickled pink to meet you.
- You will be beautiful, smart and happy—just like your mother!
Messages to Write in Baby Shower Books for a Baby Boy
If the happy couple have revealed they’re having a boy, these examples of what to write will come in handy for you!
- Snips and snails and puppy dog tails, a precious little boy is on the way!
- Can’t wait to see the wonderful man you’ll become!
- Get ready for toy cars in all shapes and sizes, for balls and bats, and all sorts of surprises.
- If he’s anything like his father, he’ll be a handsome baby boy!
- Oh boy! We can’t wait to meet you.
- This little guy is already blessed with amazing parents. We can’t wait to see him turn into a wonderful man like his father.
- This little prince has no idea how spoiled he’s about to be!
- We hope you have your mom’s smile and your dad’s humor. Lots of love, little man.
Messages to Write in Baby Shower Books for Adopted Children
An adopted child deserves a warm welcome into the family too! The chances are that the parents-to-be have had a long and possibly hard journey to get to where they are. Below are some adorable ways for you to do just that.
- So excited to welcome a new little person. (Excellent choice!)
- Celebrating with you as you welcome this little one into your lives and hearts. Here’s to all the wonder that’s coming your way.
- I love seeing your dream come true like this. She/he was definitely worth the wait!
- She/he simply couldn’t have picked a better family. Congratulations!
- This precious little boy/girl was meant for you, and you for them!